OH CANADA is the latest Stonehenge collection from renowned artist Linda Ludovico bringing the Canadian theme into beautifully detailed textures. This sophisticated collection features patriotic symbols such as maple leaves, moose and stripes combined with red, cream and black to create awe inspiring quilts.
OH CANADA was created in support of Quilts of Valour – Canada. Northcott is proud to be an official sponsor donating a portion of sales from Stonehenge, OH CANADA to the charity. The collection will be available in stores starting June 2012.
The mission of Quilts of Valour – Canada (QoV) is to ensure that injured Canadian Soldiers are recognized for their bravery and commitment. QoV gives support through the presentation of quilts of comfort made for our military service people. QoV has recognized injured service men and women with quilts of comfort since 2006.
The Creative Stitches and Crafting Show held in Victoria BC on March 9th and 10th was the perfect place to debut the new collection at the QoV booth. The first QoV Challenge was held at Creative Stitches and Crafting Show. It was organized by Marilyn Fuller, the QoV Vancouver Island Representative, and sponsored by Gil Viveiros of CanNorth Shows. QoV founder, Lezley Zwaal of Edmonton and Northcott Design Director, Deborah Edwards were also at the event to kick off challenge and the first collection Northcott has designed for the cause.
In just 25 days, local quilters met the challenge and entered 21 quilts that will be donated to the service men and women injured in the line of duty. First place was awarded to Mae Peterson for her colorful quilt “Iris”, the flower symbolizing valour. Second and third place were awarded to Anne Bell for “Bali Gems” and Christien Shipton for “French Roses”. Bernina kindly donated a 700D Serger for the first place prize and second and third place prizes were provide by Cindy’s Threadworks.
Watch for upcoming QoV challenges in Edmonton in September and Calgary in November. For more information about Quilts of Valour - Canada, please visit www.quiltsofvalour.ca
Click “Download PDF” to view images from the event.
To view the entire Stonehenge OH CANADA collection follow the instructions below:
1. Go to the “Fabric” Tab on top navigation bar
2. From the drop down menu choose “Coming Soon”, “Stonehenge” or “Quilts of Valour – Canada” to find OH CANADA
3. Once the collections appear, click on the one you would like to view
4. Once the collection you are interested in appears before you, go to the top right corner of the page to “Find these fabrics:” and use the drop down menu to select a State or Province
*Keep in mind that this fabric is brand new! Stores are just starting to order it now for June 2012. Therefore the list of stores that carry the fabric will be growing by the day. Check back with us every few days to see who has been added to the list of stores that will be carrying OH CANADA.
5. The Fabric Locator will appear with a spreadsheet of what stores in your area carry fabrics from that collection
6. Scroll over the store’s name and the address and phone number will appear
7. For a list of retailers that sell these fabrics online click the “Online Retailers” button at bottom of the page. If the button does not appear then there are no online retailers that carry that line